John Pineo, Secretary FIM North America and FIM North America Referee to the North American Vintage Road Race Championships, and Bob Coy, Founder and Executive Director of the United States Classic Racing Association (USCRA): Coy received the FIM North America Supporters Award in recognition of the USCRA's many years of organizing the FIM North American Vintage Road Racing Championships.
The USCRA is happy to announce it's return to New Jersey Motorsports Park again this season along with our Vintage Race Group (VRG) partners on September 18th-20th, 2015.
As part of NJMP’s official ‘Vintage Weekend’, the USCRA will be running it’s second annual 'Garden State Classic'–Three days of the best in vintage motorcycle and sidecar racing on NJMP's Lightning course, it's promises to be an fun and exciting close to our season.
For those of you who joined us last year, we look forward to having you back on NJMP’s 1.9 mile, 10-corner Lightning course. A fantastic, fast, flowing track with a long straight, elevation changes, blind corners and a ‘Parabolica’ corner that seems to go on forever! If you haven't been on Lightning, you are in for a tremendous racing experience.
For all USCRA club members, this is a double points event (double points each day of racing), so championships may hang in the balance!
Some specifics on the event:
• Like last year, we will run a practice on Friday afternoon (Sept. 18th)
• We will have a full round of 6-lap races on Saturday the 19th
• There is the possibility of running a 2-hour endurance on Saturday if we can generate enough
interest and have enough entries. This would be a separate entry fee.
• Sunday the 20th, we will run a full round of 8-lap races
• We will be honoring ALL current and valid licenses from the following racign organizations:
CCS, AHRMA, WERA, VRRA and the SRA
• We will be holding a race school if there is enough interest. For info on the race school visit:http://www.race-uscra.com/race-school.html
• We will once again be extending the invitation for P3 sidecars to come and race with us
• This is a great warm-up/shakedown for the Barber event
• We will once again be offering POP (Pay-One-Price) pre-entry for the event. That cost will be $450. POP entry allows the individual rider to enter as many machines as they like, in as many classes as their machines are eligible to race in. If you need information on our class structure and/or any USCRA rules, you can find the Rulebook here: http://www.race-uscra.com/uscra-documents-and-reference.html
• We have also re-negotiated camping and electric hookup with the track and there will be
NO ADDITIONAL FEES for either. This applies to all registered and paid participants.
Tentative schedule and registration forms should be available before the end of July. Please check back on this site, the USCRA Facebook pages and the Yahoo Group for all forms, etc.
If you want to secure your POP fixed entry fee now, you can send a check made out to : USCRA (Do NOT make checks out to me!)
Checks should be sent to: Doug Donelan, 14 Linhurst Place, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL!! You will receive an email confirmation of your payment.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
Ed Fisher, the 1953 Laconia winner and AMA Hall of Fame member will be the Grand Marshal for the 2015 Vintage Laconia and FIM North America Vintage Road Race Championships at New Hampshire Motor Speedway June 13,14. Ed won the AMA national races at the Gunstock track leading what would eventually be a Triumph sweep of the major races.
In addition to Ed being the Grand Marshal, he will be celebrating his 90th birthday that weekend. Ed says he will be racing one of his old Triumphs in the FIM championship events. A true racer and still very fast on two wheels, Ed has never stopped racing and has extended his race career further than any other rider in American racing. Today, though cutting back his racing to selected events, he regularly attends many vintage race events throughout the country.
Also attending to celebrate Ed’s appearance as Grand Marshal and his 90th birthday will be his son Gary Fisher who won the 1972 Laconia AMA National at the old Bryar Track. Ed and Gary are the only father and son team to win the Laconia Nationals.
Come celebrate Ed’s 1953 victory for Triumph, his 90th birthday and the FIM North America Vintage Road Race Championships conducted by the US Classic Racing Association June 13,14 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
New classes for the USCRA 2015 Racing Season include:
We are delighted to have this new USCRA website, designed to promote classic racing, sharing information about the USCRA, and communicating with fellow racers and racing enthusiasts.
Tell us what you think of the new site by leaving a reply below. (If you don't see the comments section, click on the word "Comment(s)", above right or below left.)